By refinancing a mortgage, the homeowner pays off an existing home loan and takes out a new loan. The #1 reason homeowners refinance is to get a lower interest rate, but there are several other benefits to refinancing:
- Take advantage of your improved credit. If you've built up a better credit history, you may be able to refinance your mortgage at a lower rate.
- Change the type of loan you have. Switch from an existing Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) to a Fixed-Rate or vice-versa.
- Change the length of your loan. For example, change a 30-year term to a 15-year to pay off your home quicker or do the reverse to lower your payment.
- Build equity in your home faster with a lower mortgage interest rate and/or shorter term.
- Avoid paying PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance), if your home has appreciated in value.
Find out if refinancing is right for you. Fill out an application or call your local office today.